CA Test Data Manager Review

The initial setup was straightforward. Just install, next, and start using it.

What is our primary use case?

We are having a serious trouble delivering and providing development environments and test environments for the diversifications that we use at the bank. What we are trying to do is use the time for that delivery, and that is why we are exploring using CA tools for networks. We already have the Server Virtualization tool, and now we are entering into the test of the management phase of tables.

How has it helped my organization?

We realized before what we are looking for. Now, we are trying to get everybody to work with the DevOps mindset. That is the main advantage and benefit that we are seeing here.

What is most valuable?

They are able to provide some technical data, then provide that data to multiple teams for testing purposes. That is the most value for us.

What needs improvement?

We just started using it. I can't tell you right now.

Still implementing.

I can't tell you, because we have not had it for a long time. We have had it for two months. We are starting to really implement it, but so far, so good.

I can't really tell you much. I can tell you about the integration, because we are integrating it with the Service Virtualization tool. Here, we are having a lot of benefits.

For example, we are starting to provide the data necessary to prove little pieces of code or small integration packages, and we have seen a lot of value there.

We have a provider based in Costa Rica. They are the ones that are giving us all the implementation and support.

Specifically for problems, we have not had any issues yet.

We were not previously using a different solution.

We were already using some CA products before, like Service Desk and ITCM, those are related to infrastructure and the computer themselves. The provider talked to use about if we wanted to get into DevOps. CA had the tools for implementing this strategy, and that is how we found out about it. We saw the demos, then we decided the solution was made for us.

The initial setup was straightforward. Basically, just install, next, and start using it. I figured it out right away.

We did look at SiSoft in Costa Rica, but I do not even know the names of the others, because I was not directly involved with those. I know that we selected SiSoft as an option because of their experience.

We chose CA because of their experience.

What other advice do I have?

The first thing that you should start with is the requirements and automation. That is the first step. We started with the Service Virtualization, then we found that we should have started with the requirements first. Because the natural processes are defined in our requirements, then you go to the virtualizer services that you are going to need, and then the data, but we started with the Service Virtualization. Now, we realized that we needed to start with the requirements first.

It would be working better if the requirements were designed right.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Experience. The vendor already has to have big clients.
  • The implementation process has to be very easy. It was.