Ca2

CA Top Secret Review
We implement the constant updates as they roll out, and they've met our needs.

Valuable Features:

Being in risk and security, the biggest thing is the ability to adapt because right now we’re changing to model IDs. We work with HR to build out a system for personnel to be matched with levels of access to information.

Improvements to My Organization:

It allows us to be more secure as enhancements come out. They’ve been great for us and we implement as they roll out. In banking, security is a priority, and we constantly get updates that meet our needs.

Room for Improvement:

As an IT auditor, the UI is the tough part. You have to really know the commands. I’m more Windows/GUI, but with this, you need to read books or find someone to get the right commands. From the IT auditing standpoint, it needs to be a more simple to use.

Stability Issues:

I haven’t seen any instances of instability from the auditing perspective. Any time there are issues, such as latency, they’re related to other aspects of our system, not Top Secret.

Scalability Issues:

Not from my perspective. We always have projects going on that use it more and other systems talk with it, but I don’t know of any issues scaling.

We get great support from CA with questions. In the past, we’ve had issues with other vendors. We get great feedback. Whether by email or other communications, we hear back and get our questions answered pretty quickly. I’ve heard no complaints from the security side.

Initial Setup:

I was not involved, but I did talk to someone who said they had bumps in the beginning, but not sure if it was just because we didn’t have enough expertise on our end. We had someone come in and take over the administration of Top Secret. But the recent releases and enhancements have had no major issues.

Other Advice:

We’re always trying to evolve, and the enhancements help, but its intertwining of everything else we use isn’t as smooth as it should be, but that’s because we use software from IBM.

0 Comments