Ca2

CA Top Secret Review
It allows us to do a lot of analysis around frivolous access related to different mainframe technologies, although there's not a real robust reporting capability in it.

Valuable Features:

We've had the core CA suite of products, including Top Secret, that we've used quite a bit for reporting and diagnostic activity. We have a lot of emphasis right now on remediation activity and getting back to where we should be on the mainframe space, especially after a lot of acquisitions and poor administrative policy. So we're using Top Secret to do some of the analysis.

Improvements to My Organization:

It allows us to do a lot of analysis around frivolous access related to different mainframe technologies like file transfers, CI7, CICS, pretty much any infrastructure technology. Top Secret is an effective enterprise security solution for our mainframe, top to bottom.

Room for Improvement:

I came from a very different background as a security manager. For me, there are benefits with some other solutions I'd like to see incorporated into Top Secret. For example, I'd like more robust diagnostics and reporting that's a little more advanced with which we can do database analysis and get really useful information. I'd also like to see some more robust tools, even just customizable tools that we can put in our organization to help us understand what we're doing.

Also, diagnostically, we don't get a whole lot with Top Secret. There's not a real robust reporting capability in it. We don't have those tools to do the in-depth steps we need to do. We're not getting some of the really deep-dive things that we'd like to see.

Overall, it does the job that it's designed to do. It's just that I'd like to see some enhancements around the reporting and diagnostic tools.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no problems with deployment.

Stability Issues:

It's pretty good so far and we've never had an issue with stability.

Scalability Issues:

That's not a problem at all. Scalability has been great with our 40 million core users.

Initial Setup:

I wasn't involved in the initial setup.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA Top Secret?

Our experts can help. 209,588 professionals have used our research on 5,564 solutions.