CA Top Secret Review

Ensures that employees and others do not illegally access our systems

What is our primary use case?

To protect our assets from being accessed. First, that our employees do not have access to the data/information that is not valid for their positions. Second, to prevent illegal access to our systems.

What is most valuable?

All the features that we use are valuable. I cannot think of any special feature that is more valuable than other, especially as there are not many features that you can optionally use.

What needs improvement?

The user interface. Sometimes, it is not simple to understand where a certain definition should be defined, and I go through a number of screens until I find where to do some of them.

More than five years.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Excellent. Any issue that we have had in working with the product received the best response that we could have hoped for. The technicians that respond have great knowledge of how the product works and promptly responded with solutions to any problems that we have had over the years.

As far as I know this is the only solution ever used. As Top Secret was installed before I started working for our office, I assume the challenge was to protect our assets.

Initial setup was before my time, but over the years of using and upgrading through the releases of Top Secret I would say that the setup is very straightforward.

I am not involved in this aspect of the business.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that there is a post-sale department in your country. We have experienced some post-sale problems to do with integration of CA products into our systems.