CA Top Secret Review

All the features help ensure we are compliant with banking regulations

What is our primary use case?

Top Secret is our external security manager for our mainframe systems.

How has it helped my organization?

It's an integral part of all of our mainframe security functions. It's the core of our mainframe security functions. It helps ensure that we are compliant with all of the various banking regulations, security regulations and requirements.

What is most valuable?

We make use of almost all the features of Top Secret:

• Authentication
  • Authorization checks
  • Reporting on violations
  • Audit reporting

We have implemented two-factor authentication, which is a new piece of CA Top Secret. I think that those are the key areas.

What needs improvement?

I almost don't have any specific issues with the product. Any problems that we do encounter are always quickly addressed by the CA Top Secret support folks.

It would be helpful if they removed limitations on user record sizes.

More than five years.

Stability is a nine out of 10. Very rarely do we end up having program crashes, it's very rare. It's been very stable over the years that I've used it.

I would say scalability is an eight out of 10.

I would give them a 10 out of 10.

It's not like I installed Top Secret and had something previously. Both of the shops that I have worked in already had Top Secret installed as a base product.

We set up the security system for new systems when we installed those, so I would say that it's comparable to other products. I would say it's an eight out of 10.

What other advice do I have?

The security environment is constantly changing. The support for CA Top Secret is constantly upgrading the product to ensure that it's current with the industry needs for mainframe security.