CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager) Review

We find that creating dashboards are simple and integrations work well

What is most valuable?

• Scalable monitoring
  • Integration of all monitoring on one tool.
  • Simplicity on creating dashboards.

How has it helped my organization?

Optimizes delivery of managed IT services with CA Nimsoft Monitor.

What needs improvement?

Implementations, operations and technology departments are benefiting most from this tool.

3 years

Yes, at the first time of implementation, we encountered many issues with the tool, all due to a wrong configuration of the disks on database server.

Yes, it was unstable for couple months due to the main component that inserts the QoS data on Nimsoft database.

On scale from 1-5 (1=worst, 5=best), 4.

On scale from 1-5 (1=worst, 5=best), 4.

Yes, the main reason for change were high support costs and a difficult management tool.

It was complex, due to the configuration that we already had with another tool, implementing everything again took us longer than planned; it really is a difficult tool to configure, specifically in our infrastructure.

Vendor Team, the provider level is poor, finally was configured by a CA Engineer.

CopperEgg, Splunk.

What other advice do I have?

Discuss whether it is feasible to do so through this tool, because the administration is complex, I recommend that due to the integrations with network monitoring, servers, SAN, VMware, etc., it's worth buying.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Nimsoft partner

1 visitor found this review helpful