CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager) Review

Easy to use and configure out of the box.

What is most valuable?

UIM is easy to use and configure and easy to implement and to get up and running “out of the box”. It is also open with its SDK and services.

How has it helped my organization?

• UIM helps us go from visions and ideas to concepts and services.
  • UIM helps us automate monitoring and implement customers faster.

What needs improvement?

The SLA module could be improve to be more robust and configurable the same goes for the HUB tunneling.

We’ve been using the solution for 4-5 years. Personally I’ve been using the product for almost 9 years.

No issues installing the product.

Some versions of the UIM HUB probe are unstable and causes the HUB tunneling to stop responding.

There are limitations on how many queues you can use inside the HUB probe. This limitation causes you to add frontend HUBs as a solution.

The customer service is good.

The technical support has improved over the last years and are we are getting better and faster support.

We’ve only used UIM but looked at other tools.

The initial setup is straight forward and easy.

We implement UIM ourselves.

We free up hours for our staff by automating the monitoring and we can provide services to our customers.

The setup cost was quite low because we started with few customers and then we’ve built our services and customer base from that.

Yes, we looked at other products.

We’ve looked at HP, Halcyon and OP5 in the initial phase.

What other advice do I have?

Just look into the prereqs before installing so you’ve got the HW for building your environment. Other than that it is straight forward and by the book.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
author avatarRavi Suvvari
TOP 5LEADERBOARDReal User

Very valuable inputs regarding CA Unified Infrastructure Mikael ; Thank you for sharing Ravi Suvvari