CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager) Review

It is the foundation for our monitoring solution

Video Review:

How has it helped my organization?

Having all of our information within one tool set; our alerts, our monitors, and the things that our operations team needs to function.

We are coming from an environment where an individual had to login to whatever server, or whatever niche tool, that they implemented. Now, they will be able to go to one place to get everything they need.

What is most valuable?

It is the foundation for our monitoring solution. We are coming from a very old NSM solution, and some of the features will allow us to do more monitoring to meet our needs for the next five to 10 years.

What needs improvement?

It is going to be about looking at the technologies we choose to implement over the next couple of years, and how we can get more native information from those solutions. Everyone is talking about cloud and having Office 365 availability. I understand that it was just released. We are looking forward to enhancements in that area.

Since we have gone live, it has been extremely stable.

There has been a couple of minor issues that we have had to work through. Quite frankly, it has exceeded my expectations.

Our scalability will meet our needs. We did some performance and load testing getting towards implementation, where we pushed more than 250,000 messages in 15 minutes. So, expectations are pretty high.

My experience with technical support has gone fairly well. We had some challenges with a particular plugin getting towards implementation. It required an enhancement in order for us to enable the features we needed to go-live. Within the scope of 45 days, they were able to enhance the plugin, roll it into a GA fixed release for the code, and you will see it again in the next full release of the product.

We were a previous user of CA NSM. From a supportability perspective, we did not want to continue using something that CA would not support. It was a logical step. It allowed us to go and migrate from NSM to UIM. So far, it has worked well.

What other advice do I have?

I would give it a nine out of 10 at this point. There are a couple of things we are still working on. If we get those implemented correctly, then I could give it a higher rating.

1 visitor found this review helpful