CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager) Review

We like the stability and flexibility of customizing the dashboard and monitoring.

Valuable Features

The stability and flexibility of customizing the dashboard and monitoring.

Improvements to My Organization

The solution allow us to perform monitoring based on base line monitoring of trends instead of the traditional monitoring based on hard thresholds which is rigid when it comes to flagging alerts.

Room for Improvement

Its integration to CA's SOI (manager of manager), the out of the box connector release by CA is disappointing.

Use of Solution

3 years.

Yes we did but its part and parcel of monitoring products but by far its the most stable one i have come across.

Same answer as deployment.

No. This is one of the best designed products for stability due to its message bus concept design which makes its hub lite in processing.

It depends but definitely the L2 support onwards know their stuff.

Yes, we have used SMARTS and TIVOLI. We switched due to the CA full suit of solution which include netqos, APM and CEM. Nimsoft is part of the suite to allow use to complete the integration with CA SOI.

It is very complex, because this was the first time CA tried to sell the full suite with SOI, netqos, APM, CEM and tried to integrate into a full impact analysis solution.

Implementation Team

It was from a vendor team, and to be honest I was not very convinced of their skill set, only the Nimsoft team was up to par with our expectations.

ROI

We really don't have a quantitative measurement on this.

Other Solutions Considered