CA Unified Infrastructure Management Review
This product serves as our eyes.

Valuable Features

Easy to setup, easy to maintain, lots of different probes out-of-the box. Well-documented API for custom scenarios.

Improvements to My Organization

This product serves as our eyes. Once it's broken - we're blind.

Room for Improvement

Web GUI (WASP) should be further developed as in some cases it has issues and instabilities. Some functions are being duplicated in Web and console, I wish they were in one place to avoid overwriting the configuration.

Use of Solution

Been using it for 5 years already.

Most of the time all goes well. Sometimes (very rare) in a complex network with lots of firewalls a communication issue with robots can occur and it's not always easy to diagnose the cause.

Stability issues I faced were caused by wrong planning and extremely high load on the DB. Once this is sorted out, the core is stable. Web GUI sometimes had stability issues, but 98% of the time it's stable.

No issues with scalability, the product can be used in a large enterprise. Different admins can manage their scope of devices and their hubs without interfering with main servers.

Can't say anything bad about CA's customer service.

Support is good. Though, colleagues say that pre-CA it was better.

I haven't used such enterprise-grade tools before Nimsoft. Only specific ones, like Wireshark & PRTG.

Initial setup was straightforward. Though, of course, it has to be planned in advance in case of complex system.

Implementation Team

First one was an in-house one. Now I am working for the integrator and we're implementing these systems for our customers.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, we did evaluate other products, but I don't remember which ones. We liked Nimsoft's ease of use and inner design.

Other Advice

If you need an all-in-one solution that's easy to maintain, to scale and that you can rely on - Nimsoft Monitor is a good solution.