CA Unified Infrastructure Management Review

It allows us to maintain our SLAs with customers by alerting us when there are or about to be issues, although the UI seems sluggish at times when maneuvering or browsing through.

Valuable Features:

We have it integrated with Salesforce, so it’s great for auto creating, sending data to Salesforce and creating cases, proactively monitoring our customers' systems.

Deploying and setting up are pretty straightforward; the only issue I’ve seen is slowness of the infrastructure manager GUI because of the size of our install.

Improvements to My Organization:

It allows us to maintain our SLAs with customers by alerting us when there are or about to be issues – drive space alerts, service status, ping alerts, performance alerts.

Room for Improvement:

The UI seems sluggish at times. When you go to maneuver or browse through, it takes a while to update. When you set up new systems, it takes a while for them to show up. Patience is key. I’d be curious to see if there are any plans to have command-line management capabilities to deal with the sluggishness of the GUI.

Deployment Issues:

Deployment was straightforward.

Scalability Issues:

I see performance issues when I’m in UIM and it’s due to the amount of hubs we’re monitoring.

Previous Solutions:

I’ve used other products in much smaller implementations, but I like the way you can preconfigure things; you can drop the packages and probes on the servers you’re using. It gets done.

Other Advice:

We deploy to customer sites so I spend a lot of time dealing with firewall administrators, so if you’re going to be using it in this type of environment where you’re sending alerts back to your central office, you’d want to make sure the ports are open. Make sure you configure antivirus exclusions as well.