CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager) Review

It's really been beneficial to the applications teams in their ability to see CPUs and disc memory. One of the things I'd like to see an improvement on is the ability to do mass deployment.

What is most valuable?

Basically, the most valuable feature for us is that the dashboard if easy to use as it aggregates all data.

How has it helped my organization?

It's really been beneficial to the applications teams in their ability to see CPUs and disc memory. It monitors memory on the servers associated with our applications.

What needs improvement?

One of the things I would like to see an improvement on is the ability to do mass deployment. Also, I'd like a federated identity feature, where I can give our users a login and they can choose whatever thresholds they wish to have.

Even better, I would like to see a synthetic transaction report from the reporting feature that our business unites can use to record their transactions and provide it back to us. That would save us a lot of time.

Finally, I'd like some self-service functionality out-of-the-box, so that you can assign probes, or deploy with thresholds, or whatever you want to do. You just put it in a server and let it self-service.

There's been no issues with deployment on my end.

It's been very stable for me as an end-user. We haven't had any problems yet.

No scalability issues so far. That's been fine.

I don't use tech support for anything. I rely on our in-house team for that.

I wasn't involved in the setup.

What other advice do I have?

If I had to choose all over again, I'd probably look more into the mobile function of it.