Ca2

CA Unified Infrastructure Management Review
Through action automation (using NAS and robot actions) we got reduced operational effort, improved operative tasks, and optimization of resources.

626

Valuable Features:

• Multitenancy
  • Easily skinnable
  • Third party integration
  • Simple and reusable elastic content portlets
  • Probe packages and probe deployment

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see improvements in the maintenance mode area. I would like to set only a probe from a robot or group in maintenance or place profiles from probes in maintenance. Making a GUI with criteria such as selection by robot/hub/probe etc.

Use of Solution:

I've been using it for four years.

Deployment Issues:

No deployment issues encountered.

Stability Issues:

No stability issues encountered.

Scalability Issues:

No scalability issues encountered.

We didn't use customer service.

9/10 CA Support team is excellent we get from them issue resolution within a single interaction and anchoring alternative solution.

Previous Solutions:

Previously we had multiples tools to monitor IT infrastructure and other apps e.g ManageEngine to monitor databases, Nagios to monitor telco devices (switches, and routers, etc.) We switched to CA UIM because we had a lot of issues when we tried to correlate events and get unified metrics from our monitoring tools databases, in the same way we had maintain multiple tools and open tickets with multiples vendors.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward. Installing and deploying software was very quick and easy. We have experience with similar tools implementation.

Implementation Team:

We did the full implementation in house.

Other Solutions Considered:

We also looked at OpsView and SCOM.

Other Advice:

Monitor governance and solution sizing are key topics to start solution implementation.

1 visitor found this review helpful