Ca2

CA Unified Infrastructure Management Review
Through action automation (using NAS and robot actions) we got reduced operational effort, improved operative tasks, and optimization of resources.

676

Valuable Features:

• Multitenancy
  • Easily skinnable
  • Development Kits (SDKs) and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
  • Reporting Tools
  • Probe packages and probe deployment

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see improvements in the maintenance mode area. I would like to set only a probe from a robot or group in maintenance or place profiles from probes in maintenance. Making a GUI with criteria such as selection by robot/hub/probe etc.

Use of Solution:

I've been using it for five years.

Deployment Issues:

No deployment issues encountered.

Stability Issues:

No stability issues encountered.

Scalability Issues:

No scalability issues encountered.

We didn't use customer service.

9/10 CA Support team is excellent we get from them issue resolution within a single interaction and anchoring alternative solution.

Previous Solutions:

Previously we had multiples tools to monitor IT infrastructure and other apps e.g ManageEngine to monitor databases, Nagios to monitor telco devices (switches, and routers, etc.) We switched to CA UIM because we had a lot of issues when we tried to correlate events and get unified metrics from our monitoring tools databases, in the same way we had maintain multiple tools and open tickets with multiples vendors.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward. Installing and deploying software was very quick and easy. We have experience with similar tools implementation.

Implementation Team:

We did the full implementation in house.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Licensing model and packaging:

Server pack - Charged per server.
Server and application pack - Charged per server.
Service response time advanced pack - charged per site.
Ping pack - Charged per device.
Network advanced pack - Charged per device.
Flow analysis - Charged per device.
Storage pack - Charged per terabyte.
Ecometer pack - Charged per device.

Other Solutions Considered:

We also looked at OpsView and SCOM.

Other Advice:

Monitor governance and solution sizing are key topics to start solution implementation.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Gareth christiane li?1426142625

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA Unified Infrastructure Management?

Our experts can help. 221,808 professionals have used our research on 5,660 solutions.