CA Unified Infrastructure Management Review

Provides flexibility and performance, ease of use and configuration

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are, I would say, the flexibility and the performance. It's easier to use and to configure.

How has it helped my organization?

It enables us to use multiple solutions in one software package.

What needs improvement?

It needs more report capabilities; things that make it easier to find them. It needs a central, global, point of view for inventory. Currently we have to get it piece by piece.

The stability is good. Many releases every year. It's something which is quite stable and pro-rating well.

It's very scalable. We need scalability. We are pro-rating and putting it in multiple sites.

I think we use it about once a month. I think they are responsive, although I don't use it directly.

We were using OmniVision. We switched because CA Unified Infrastructure Management integrated multiple features.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor I would say the most important criteria are a history in infrastructure domain and credibility.

I would advise to start from a blank slate and not to try to make it from another solution.