CA Unified Infrastructure Management Review

What is most valuable?

• Weblocker service
  • Perimetral antivirus
  • Firewall security
  • VPN service
  • MultiWAN and Balance service

These features are very valuable as they allow productivity to be supported by blocking and monitoring websites accessed by collaborators, as well as controlling the levels of access to the various services we have in our operation, in addition to functionalities such as Load Balancing and Multiple WAN connections to help us in business continuity.

How has it helped my organization?

I think it has helped in different ways:

• It has provided greater security for our most important asset which is the handling of information.
  • It has given us greater control and management of the flow of information that transits our data network.
  • It has generated confidence in our customers and suppliers, so that they know that their information and ours has a higher level of security.
  • It has improved the productivity of our employees.
  • It has supported us in the process of safeguarding confidentiality and the correct handling of information.
  • It has provided us with help in offering IT service to users.
  • It has helped us to make the IT department more productive and efficient.
  • When in charge of the infrastructure department it gives me certainty about what is happening in the company network.

What needs improvement?

• I think it can be improved by a greater provision of specialized technical support, as there are very few trained personnel there.
  • Improvement in the technical documentation of the system.

We have used this solution for four years.

I did not find problems with stability. I think the advice we got at the beginning helped us to get the correct dimensioning of the equipment and the functionalities of the product. Once it came into operation, the product always performed the expected functionality.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

I would rate the technical support as 9/10, since the support provider always showed knowledge and was able to solve the problems. The only negative point is the availability as they are usually late in responding.

We did not previously use a different solution.

The installation process was simple, especially because the installer was guided by an expert and her way of communicating was always clear and concise. From the first day, the solution came into operation and the tuning process was given progressively.

I think the price of licensing is very accessible, considering the functionalities of the product. The product-price ratio is better than other brands such as Fortinet or SonicWall.

We performed an evaluation on Fortinet, SonicWall, Juniper and Microtik.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I can give you is to first make an assessment of the needs that your company has. Once they have identified the products that offer solutions to their problems, then don't only consider the price but consider also the costs of licensing, support agreements, product functionalities, product positioning etc.

Consider reviewing evaluations made by other technology vendors and if possible ask for a demo to your local IT providers. They will be happy to show you the products and their different advantages.