Ca2

CA Vantage Storage Resource Manager Review
It has helped me to control my storage capacity and keep it clean. I would like data on the mainframe side to be compressed and extended.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable features are monitoring, trending and automation.

Improvements to My Organization:

As a storage administrator, it has helped me to control my storage capacity and keep it clean in terms of both data and storage.

It allows us not to purchase storage as aggressively as we used to; this has helped our organization.

Room for Improvement:

There are many things that they need to improve. It is a work-in-progress product. As and when we find issues, we contact their support team and they are always quick to react.

It is based on the Windows Server that creates data on the mainframe side. I would like the data on the mainframe side to be compressed and extended.

Stability Issues:

It is stable enough although it is still a work-in-progress product.

Scalability Issues:

They are in the process on making it a web-based product and I see a lot of challenges there, so I don't know how scalable it is.

I thought that it wasn't as scalable as it is. In the beginning, I had to install it on a Windows Server. Initially, I thought I couldn't put it on a virtual server. However, I have heard of someone who did it and according to them it works just fine.

The technical support team is outstanding. I would give them a 10/10 rating.

Previous Solutions:

Previously, we didn't have a vendor; we had in-house processes and decided to move away from them. We wanted a third-party product so that if we need help, we can get the help we need.

They had 2 different products - one you pay for and the other you don't. We used the free one in the beginning and because we are a main CA customer we found out that we could have the entire product for free; we didn't have to pay for it. Since then, we have been using it and noticed a lot of buyback, as far as storage and data are concerned.

Initial Setup:

I was involved in the initial setup process. At that time, it wasn't as intuitive but it was easy to set-up.

Other Advice:

If you are looking for a similar storage management solution, I would advise you to go get this product soon.

It's a very good product, but needs some enhancements.

Technical support is the most important criteria while selecting a vendor. They must be quick to respond; if not, it's not for us.

0 Comments

Have A Question About CA Vantage Storage Resource Manager ?

Our experts can help. 203,620 professionals have used our research on 5,518 solutions.