CA View Review

Helps us secure viewing of customer accounts; scalability streamlines production of large reports

What is our primary use case?

The business uses it primarily for reports and customer statements, and the like. I don't really use it like the end-users use it. They use it to bundle reports and things like that. They use it more extensively, indexing, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

You can control who views what, as far as security is concerned, in viewing customer accounts. I'm not sure if that was available in the product at the beginning, but we use it extensively now.

Also expandability. It's easy to add more space to it when you need and to. If you're producing large reports it's easy to increase so you can handle the new volume that may come along.

What is most valuable?

It's the ease of use.

What needs improvement?

I believe they do probably have a GUI interface for the laptop, so you can just use the interface instead of the mainframe ISPF interface. I think that's already available but, if not, that would be my only issue.

More than five years.

10 out of 10. We did not encounter anything bad with it.

10 out of 10.

10 out of 10. They seemed to be always there and call me back pretty responsively, within the hour.

We had other solutions for reporting that were outdated and cost-prohibitive, in supporting them. Bundled with our solutions from CA, we got a different price. We were able to cross-justify it more than the other products. We actually moved from one product to another product, to CA View.

It was the standard SMP/E install, so there was no issue.

What other advice do I have?

It requires other pieces of CA software and license keys, thing like that. That's one thing to keep in mind. It requires CA Common Services in order to actually be licensed to run on LPAR.

I would give it a 10 out of 10 for ease of use, and as we discussed, scalability, and support.