CA Workload Automation Review

We find scheduling to be the most valuable feature because we can do so on multiple platforms and we can define them once then re-use them.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

It's given our organization stability because we're able to perform scheduling functions that provides order and predictability to our workload.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything at the moment.

We've had no issues with deployment.

Never had any issues, which is the main reason we use it. We don’t use other products for scheduling on the mainframe.

We’ve never had any issues. We run over 300,000 jobs a day and we have thousands of end users, at least 10,000 who can evaluate their flows and manage schedules.

We've never needed tech support.

I've always been using it, so there was no previous solution.

The initial setup was done around 30 years ago, so I don't know whether it was simple or complex.

When we look for new products, the user functionality and ease of use are important, as is making sure it's stable. The knowledge transfer is easy.

What other advice do I have?

We still use the green screen on the mainframe terminal screen instead of having a Windows-based view – though it's our decision. Overall, it's a good tool for an entire mainframe environment.