CA Workload Automation Review

Stable solution that uses scheduling to meet SLAs. Keeps product data flowing and jobs running without downtime.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features are stability, ease of use, and the use of scheduling. Our company processes approximately 200,000 jobs a day through this product. The product is very stable and stays up.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution helps us meet our SLAs. It helps us keep the product data flowing and the jobs running without down time.

What needs improvement?

There is always something that can be improved, but I do like this product. It is a good product. The DevOps are there to move the tool into the future. The new path is mainframe modernization. That's where we'll be headed with this product.

In terms of stability, it’s pretty much always up. The solution stays running. We do have our company-wide scheduled outages, but that's the only time it comes down at this point. We are working towards a better solution for constantly being up and CA is working with us on that. We just converted to version 12, and that's a step in the direction of keeping the solution up.

The solution is scalable. They are creating products to help us use GUI interfaces. They are helping us to monitor the system better and keep it going.

I have used technical support, and I would rate them at 10/10. I love the guys there. I know them and they know me. They're very easy to work with. I can speak for this product and say that they know their product and they're there to answer our questions when we need them. If we have an issue, they are there.

I can’t speak much for the initial setup. I just upgraded to version 12 and it was spot on. They had the procedures and jobs in place and I just created my own procedures for my environment. I had no issues.

What other advice do I have?

We have a saying at work, "If there is an issue, CA 7 is the victim, not the cause." This tool is a pretty stable product.

When choosing a vendor, I look for customer service. I want them to be there when I need them. I'm not going to say that they have to have a big name, but I guess cost is a factor as well. Cost is always important. I think cost and customer service are the best things. Those are the most important factors. I need someone to be there when I have an issue, and I need personal assistance to stay up and running.