CA Workload Automation Review

Their technical support is very receptive to the issues that we have and resolve them in a timely manner

What is our primary use case?

It schedules application jobs throughout the night for different companies, various companies that AIG processes: American General Life, Life and Retirement Services, and several of their legacy partners. We monitor the input throughout the evening, make sure the cycles are complete, bring up the onlines in the morning, and run jobs per request.

What is most valuable?

• The automation of it
  • The triggering
  • The scheduling of the jobs
  • The processes

We recently got iDash. So, we are starting to review iDash with CA-7 now, and we are using it.

How has it helped my organization?

Through consistently meeting SLAs, job dependencies, and requirements.

What needs improvement?

We are not ready to go to the newest release (12.0).

It is very stable.

I do not really deal with that much. Basically, we have four processes running on four different environments.

We have gotten great support from CA. They are there whenever we need them. Whenever we open a case, they are very receptive to the issues that we have and resolve them in a timely manner.

The previous solution was very difficult to manage. The monitoring required somebody to be hands on.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

It performs really well.