CA Workload Automation Review

Handles large workloads, and we can very quickly put a lot of jobs into scheduling

What is our primary use case?

Scheduling, mainframe, workload.

It has performed great.

What is most valuable?

Its stability and reliability, that it's been there for 20 years and 30 years, and it's always been the number one scheduler.

How has it helped my organization?

We can handle large workloads, and put a lot of jobs into scheduling very quickly, and we can control a lot of workload through CA 7.

What needs improvement?

We're looking at distributed AutoSys to integrate with CA 7. And iDASH is another product that we're looking, at and we need the two to be able to talk to each other and be able to view the dependencies across the platforms.

If they can integrate the distributive side with the mainframe side, and a better view to both sides of that, that would be good.

Stability is awesome.

Scalibility is great.

Technical support is very good. We reach the right representatives.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup. They were already a CA 7 customer when I joined. I have been involved in some of the upgrades. They can be a little complex. It's just a big complex product that takes a lot of evaluation.

What other advice do I have?

When we are researching different products or vendors we do a pretty thorough evaluation of all the products. They have to meet our objectives of reducing the risk and cost. Those are the two most important: risk, cost.

I would recommend CA 7.