CA Workload Automation Review

​Ease of use, scripting capabilities help us reduce headcount, prevent errors, self-heal

What is our primary use case?

It's our enterprise workload automation scheduler.

It performs pretty well, it's a pretty stable product.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows you to automate tasks, and reduce headcount, prevent errors, self-heal, self-service type technologies.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • Scripting capabilities

What needs improvement?

In the next release I would like to see the Service Orchestrator, a B2B product, and maybe a process audit.

More than five years.

It's very stable. Just the usual database problems, but the application, normally, doesn't have any problems at all.

The system itself is not scalable but you can add multiple connections into it. You can use the APIs to integrate with other systems.

We use tech support all the time. They're pretty good. The response time from them depends on the complexity of the problem. They could do better sometimes.

It's a requirement for all large corporations to have some type of enterprise scheduler. We went with CA because they are a good partner, and they're pretty stable, and they acquire everybody else. They only have two main competitors, IBM or BMC.

Straightforward. It's not difficult.

What other advice do I have?

Our most important criterion when selecting a vendor is the partnership.

I give the solution an eight because it has a few quirks, but it's a pretty reliable system. They could do better supporting it. They have too many of the same type of products, so sometimes it doesn't get as much attention as it should.

I would advise a colleague who is looking at similar solutions to stay informed with the technology, and engage with the CA reps.

I would recommend it whole-heartedly.