CA Workload Automation Review

Provides us the ability to map logic using a scripting language

What is our primary use case?

We use it as an IT process automation solution.

How has it helped my organization?

We automate recurring processes, keeping track of IT processes controlled worldwide.

What is most valuable?

We often have to implement complicated processes. Automic Automation Engine provides us the ability to map logic using a scripting language. We have an advantage where practically all automation problems can easily be implemented within the Automation Engine.

What needs improvement?

We see improvement possibilities in the processing provision of predefined evaluations or individual objects, or in the Self Service portal, which can be used by any user to monitor objects or start objects.

More than five years.

We have had no issues.

We have had no issues.

Technical support is always very helpful, though we do not use it often.

All our problems have been resolved so far. Tips have also been provided on how we can handle a problem.

We had scheduled jobs on a mainframe system. By replacing the mainframe with a Unix system, we also changed the scheduler.

The setup of the system was relatively easy.

We had good local support from Automic.

Everyone has to decide for themselves which licensing model is best suited to their environment.

We evaluated between different scheduling systems. We finally decided on the Automic solution.

What other advice do I have?

Consult onsite support for the first implementation. Errors made at the beginning can only be corrected with great effort afterwards.