Camunda Platform Review

Provides us with the ability to streamline a process model

What is our primary use case?

We are a bank and use this solution for process modeling, organizing, and process architecture like line of business, and to be able to make process interfaces between each diagram. Activities include client enrollment, or a client account opening with a process for loan granting, which can't be done in Modeler. We are customers of Camunda and I'm a process analyst.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ease of use and the ability to streamline a process model on a BPM diagram.

What needs improvement?

Process interfaces between diagrams could be improved. I'd like to see process interfaces and structure in order to make process architecture. Not only to lift diagrams, but to make new diagrams and new data. You can make new diagram and new data but if the client wants to open a current account, then it must be a process interface. It would also be helpful if they would publish processes in a format that can be easily viewable and understandable. The main area would be in publishing because we want to have all the processes published on our intranet.

I've been using this solution for six months.

The stability is fine although we did have some initial problems with it.

The solution is quite scalable and functional. We have seven to 10 users doing process modelling. They're focused on archiving processes.

Technical support is fine, although a little slow.

The initial setup was very easy, I did it myself.

What other advice do I have?

As a process analyst, I'm into IT development, so my advice is not to make processes highly detailed. The value added here is the freeware version that can give you the best tool to get the job done as a process analyst.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Camunda Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM BPM
Learn what your peers think about Camunda Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.