Carbon Black CB Defense Review

Easy to scale, technical support is good, and the product stops spyware, malware, and viruses in their tracks

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for stopping spyware, malware, and viruses in their tracks.

It's very good at doing that. It has intelligent learning behind it and we have been very successful in preventing attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

We had a six-figure revenue stream knowing that we would be cleaning up viruses, malware, and spyware on PCs, every year. That was a revenue stream that we could just budget we were going to get. When we implemented Carbon Black, that revenue stream went to zero. That means that it's doing its job.

From a business perspective, we've been able to virtually eliminate cyber attacks from spyware, malware, and virus perspectives.

What is most valuable?

I have been using Carbon Black CB Defense for approximately three years.

We are using the most recent version.

The stability is fantastic!

The scalability is pretty easy.

Their offer to add to a tenant or spin up a new tenant, given the client sizes is large enough, has been pretty easy management so far.

I'm a managed service provider, and within my organization we only have between 40 and 50 employees managing endpoints for several thousand. My perspective will be slightly different. So, even though we use it as a company, we use this for our clients as well.

100% of our staff is trained on the use of Carbon Black because from the technical perspective, we need to be able to handle that as technicians and engineers.

As far as our clients, they don't know the difference. They don't see issues, they don't have attacks.

My interaction over the phone has been mostly on the business side of Carbon Black and they're fantastic over the phone. They're fantastic to deal with.

As far as the support side, I've never had to make a call to them.

I'm sure our lead engineer has had to make some calls for various reasons.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's super easy.

Our staff deployed this solution. We did not use an integrator or reseller, it was in-house.

I am currently reviewing Cylance and products from other vendors as part of our processes. We want to see what price points and feature sets and things like that, to see what would be better.

We want to know how Carbon Black compares to others; we've seen a little bit of that. I've got some documentation to review that. At this point, we're test-bedding several other providers right now to see if there's anything that does equally or better and that comes at a better price point.

What other advice do I have?

We have the cloud center, however, the application's installed on each endpoint individually.

Each client machine has it installed, locally, so it's off-premises for us. I'm assuming that they would be running on individual client PC.

The software is run here, we manage it within the cloud atmosphere.

We were an authorized reseller or we were an authorized business associate of Carbon Black. Since that's moved under Dell, I don't think that's a thing anymore. I would state that as we are mainly a Dell shop, we're an all in Dell shop. And so that's just a business decision we've made.

We were a Dell VMware Carbon Black client and we had a relationship with them that preexisted our Dell partnership. Before Dell acquired Carbon Black, we were a partner of Carbon Black's. We had acquired this technology and we were utilizing this technology for several years in advance of that acquisition.

I'd recommended Carbon Black CB Defense 100%.

Hybrid Cloud