Carbon Black CB Defense Review

Good reporting and very scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are an MSP, and we deployed this solution for a banking client. We use it to help us defend against advanced persistent threats.

What is most valuable?

I like its reporting.

What needs improvement?

Its compatibility can be improved. It did crash a server during deployment, which is not something that I want to happen.

Its deployment should also be easier. The whole deployment cycle needs to be simplified. It is an enterprise solution, and to set it up right now, you have to be an expert.

I have been working with Carbon Black CB Defense for six months.

After the initial system crash, I haven't had any issues.

It will be very scalable.

I haven't contacted them.

The initial setup was complex because we needed to set up a server, deploy it to the server, and push it up from there. We had the on-premises server setup. Its cloud version may be easier.

It took one week to fully deploy it. The strategy was just to rip and replace the solution that we had before.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise making sure that it won't cause problems with your servers. Whenever possible, it is good to fully test a product before deploying it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. It needs better ease of use and deployment.

More Carbon Black CB Defense reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with CrowdStrike Falcon
Learn what your peers think about Carbon Black CB Defense. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.