Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver Review

Helps business innovation, plenty of features, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to enhance our standard endpoint protection to the next-level detection and response. We want to ensure maximum security protection for our information assets by using some of the advanced features, such as malware detection and IOCs.

How has it helped my organization?

Carbon Black has helped us innovate. When we were using Symantec Endpoint Protection for the last three years in our organization and it was not doing a very good job in the security threat landscape in terms of a complete risk assessment. We wanted to go deeper into the threat management for our information assets. This is where Carbon Black has been phenomenal for us, it has detected many security concerns. It has given us a complete overview of what has been happening on our information assets.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features are threat hunting, threat intelligence feeds, and it culls all the activities of the endpoint. Additionally, the ML and AI engines are really good.

What needs improvement?

In the future, it would be great if they could provide endpoint management and the ADR solution together in this package.

I have been using this solution for two months.

I have been running Carbon Black on my laptop for the last three months and I have not had any problems with the stability. The performance has been good and the threat detection false positive rate is low.

The solution is very flexible. You can customize the intelligence feeds to your organization's policies, the detection and response analysis gives informative dashboard reports. Since it is a cloud-based model, there is no need to have any hardware in the office or on the premises. It is very simple and intuitive.

The technical support is very good.

In my personal experience, I have used Microsoft ATP Defender and CrowdStrike.

The initial setup was very easy.

When we were doing the initial proof of concept we did the implementation by ourselves. However, during the project rollout, we will have a partner do the implementation.

The price of this solution is inexpensive compare with others. The company went out of its way to provide us with a favorable discount. However, there is room for improving the current licensing model and the price of some of the fees. The model is complex and could be streamlined.

We have evaluated other solutions, such as FireEye, Symantec, and Microsoft, and we have found that this solution is better.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those wanting to implement this solution to thoroughly evaluate the organizational needs, current security best practices, and determine their threat landscape. They should evaluate different product functionalities between solutions, such as Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, and Microsoft Defender ATP. Then make a justifiable business technical comparison on the pricing and choose which solution has the best fit overall.

I rate Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver an eight out of ten.

More Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver reviews from users
...who compared it with FireEye Managed Defense
Find out what your peers are saying about Carbon Black, Arctic Wolf Networks, Blackpoint Cyber and others in Managed Detection and Response (MDR). Updated: June 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.