Caringo Swarm Review

A user-friendly software-defined object storage solution that's highly flexible

What is our primary use case?

We use it for customer archiving. Our customers also use it for their immediate payments, autonomous cloud, and on-premise object storage.

What is most valuable?

I find its flexibility valuable. That makes it easier when you're doing some upgrades. Some other brands force you to stick with that brand. With Caringo, any machine will work. It's also user-friendly, and I'm happy with the dashboards and the customization.

What needs improvement?

The pricing can definitely be better. It would also help if they made it even more flexible. For example, some customers ask us if they can generally use it for a file. I would like it to make it more flexible for them to use objective storage for things like that.

I've been using Caringo Swarm for more than six months.

It's a stable solution.

It's very easy to scale, you just hit the download button, and then it's done.

Technical support has been very responsive.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It was a bit hard for me to follow, but it's very straightforward. We had it deployed within a weekend.

We pay yearly based on the storage size. You pay for what you use. For example, if you use one terabyte, you just pay for that one terabyte. But the pricing could always be better.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to other users because of its simplicity and flexibility.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Caringo Swarm an eight.

Version 11
Find out what your peers are saying about DataCore, Red Hat, Cloudian and others in File and Object Storage. Updated: June 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.