Cavisson NetStorm Review

Enhances application stability and response time during peak loads

What is our primary use case?

1. Checks application stability by generating load for a particular period of time. Environments: Real, QA, and dev for the Mosaic application.
  2. Designs scripts and scenario, as per requirements.
  3. Designs dynamic scripts.
  4. Capturing performance metrics related to timing and resources.
  5. Provides a performance report after a load test.
  6. Analysis can be done with the help of a page dump and a heap dump.
  7. Monitors the application in case of stress testing.

System is constantly observed in terms of its response time, resource usage, and reliability of functionality.

How has it helped my organization?

Enhances application stability and response time during peak loads.

Designs dynamic scripts and scenarios, as per our requirements, which is one the most important feature available in NetStorm. It helps us to do performance testing of our application in a periodic way.

Its performance report provides detailed information about the application flow and makes it helpful to understand failed transaction flow.

What is most valuable?

1. Load generation
  2. Designing scripts
  3. Recording scripts
  4. Dynamic scenarios
  5. Measuring system capacity
  6. Identifying bottlenecks of an application.
  7. The performance report after generating load and the comparison report analysis.
  8. Advance APIs, which are supported with use cases like MQ  and TIBCO.

It is a very good technology to use. It is easy to understand the dashboard. The navigation is easy, user-friendly, etc.

What needs improvement?

More information could be provided on the help page.

More automation could be provided in NetStorm.

Need to add or support some more APIs in the Script Manager window.

It is more compatible with Chrome and Firefox than other browsers, which needs improvement.

Currently, it supports mostly web applications. Desktop application should support be included.

NetStorm is a web based tool that works on HTTP and HTTPS Protocols.

NetStorm is a powerful tool but needs more information to be available on the Internet and Youtube on how to use it.

More than three years.

We get 24/7 support from Cavisson which helps in effective monitoring and finding performance bottlenecks.

Yes,  NeoLoad.