Cavisson NetStorm Review

Has monitoring capabilities integrated into it to see the performance of components while the test is in the running phase

What is our primary use case?

I have used NetStorm primarily for load generation to do load and stress tests on the desktop and mobile platforms of Kohls.com. I was able to generate high load with NetStorm which helped identify the performance bottlenecks of the applications in the project phase itself. NetStorm script can be generated on any environment and can be replayed to run load test on different environments. It has great features like Runlogic, autocorrelation, and monitoring capability associated inside it.

How has it helped my organization?

NetStorm had made Kohls.com very stable in the ATG platform as well as a cloud platform that Kohls didn't have any issues during the major holiday season like Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. NetStorm had been used to test each component of our application stack to its capacity and made sure Kohls.com site is always performing fast for the customers. We do breakpoint tests of each component using NetStorm and then perform the integrated solution performance test by running load, stress, and endurance tests.

What is most valuable?

NetStorm can generate high load with a single machine. Its Runlogic feature is very useful to send load to cover each and every flow of the application. NetStorm gives the feasibility of generating load with multiple load arrival models helping components to be tested based on its usage. NetStorm has monitoring capabilities integrated into it to see the performance of components while the test is in the running phase. One more great functionality is the ability to control the load runtime by increasing or decreasing the virtual users or pausing the users to keep on repeating the transactions without exiting.

What needs improvement?

The user interface had to be improved for the product. Its user interface should be made simple and easy to customize as per user needs. Integration with APM and log monitoring tools is good and easy but the user interface of the customization also needs improvement.

One more feature which needs improvement are the ready reports. Its reports have great features but need to be customized which is not easy for a normal user. So ready reports should be given with templates which can just be used out of the box.

I have been using NetStorm for the past eight years and it is a great load generator tool.

NetStorm is a highly stable product. All the features of the product can be used with no issues.

NetStorm is having the capacity to scale high and generate more load using a single machine. One single NetStorm can be used to do a load or stress testing of multiple components. If you want load generation from multiple geo-locations, you can switch to the NetCloud load generator of the same organization.

Customer service at Cavisson is 24 hours a day. Their support is so impressive as they respond within no time for any issue faced. They give utmost priority to the client and help us overcome the problems.

We have used multiple load generating tools before moving to NetStorm. NetStorm gave us the flexibility to generate load to different components differently using its VUser arrival rate models. Also, features like run logic progress, scenario progress, runtime comparison gave us more in-depth of performance bottlenecks.

NetStorm setup is pretty straightforward and easy. You just need to runt he setup file given which can take care of setting all the configurations required.

Implementation was done along with the Vendor team. They are experts in implementing and servicing their suite of products. The team that implemented it in Kohls is highly skilled and confident.

We use NetStorm daily for doing load or stress tests and achieve capturing the performance bottlenecks of the applications during project level testing itself.

NetStorm setup is so easy. It can be installed on any Linux or Unix box or windows machine on-Prem or cloud. I'm not so into the pricing of the product but heard that it is competitive and less when compared to other load generating tools. A single license of NetStorm can generate a high load to test multiple components at the same time.

We have evaluated different tools like Load Runner, Silk Performer but NetStorm and its company's product suite gives more integrated load generating, monitoring and analyzing capability.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great load generating tool with integrated monitoring capability. The company has a highly talented client support to provide their services round the clock.

Private Cloud

Google
More Cavisson NetStorm reviews from users
...who work at a Retailer
...who compared it with Micro Focus LoadRunner Enterprise
Find out what your peers are saying about Cavisson, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Load Testing Tools. Updated: June 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.