CDN77 Review

What is our primary use case?

I manage about 25 websites, which have a lot of imagery. Most of the sites use WordPress.

How has it helped my organization?

I selected CDN77 because it has servers where our different target markets are (some are in Asia). It is extremely easy to set up and integrate with WordPress and purge files as needed through the control panel. The control panel is nicely laid out and I do not have to hunt for functionality.

What is most valuable?

The speed boost has been great. There are a lot of images and galleries, so this is important when having those images served locally and quickly. Before, that was not the case.

What needs improvement?

I only use this service for this use case. For this, it is absolutely fine. I have not tried any of the other features they offer so I cannot comment on those. If you are a low-use user and not used the minimum credit, it will be lost at end of year unless you upgrade, then you are left with more bandwidth than you can ever use. Thus, for low-use users, it can be more expensive than it seems. It would be a disadvantage for a lot of hobby users. I think this could be improved.

Never in two years.

None, but my use case does not test that.

Like many service providers, there is a chat box which gets support within a couple of minutes, which is excellent. Also, the customer service people seem to know their product well. I had my issue resolved in a couple of minutes.

Note: I only contacted support once.

Straightforward. It is just a few button clicks.

In-house.

I do not have tools to measure it. As this relates to a (perceived by user) speed increase only, but given that half my users are in Europe when the server is in the USA, I am happy to assume that response time has improved for those users.

I would suggest low usage cases that there are other options available, such as WordPress's own CDN.

MaxCDN and Cloudflare.