Centreon Review

Helps me detect where the problem is quickly

What is our primary use case?

We use it primarily for monitoring our devices. We also use it for discovery. For example, if a server is down, the first step to take is just go to Centreon and have a look.

I installed this solution on my company's local server. It is on the LAN network. There is a plugin for Centreon for connecting and providing visibility to the host.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides visibility into the network. Without visibility, it is difficult to know what the first step to take is when there is a problem. With Centreon, I can just go to their website if the server is down and it gives me visibility.

We have seen increased usage. That has expanded.

Centreon helps align IT operations with business objectives. It helps our guys in support monitor all our services. It gives you visibility for all services on the host via a link.

What is most valuable?

You have one single view, which is good. As the administrator, the permissions are the same for every account in the Active Directory.

We use the solution’s Anomaly Detection feature. It helps our teams to predict potential issues. I like this option for its graph. The graph is very good for when you want to look at evaluating your system over time. It also automates the alerting process.

It is very easy to manage because the visibility is good.

What needs improvement?

In the next year or two, I need to implement a load balancing system because I am using Veeam Backup, which I don't like.

We have been using Centreon for the last couple of months.

The stability is good because the operating system is Linux, and we are using the latest version.

We use it with vBackup, and the server backs up to vBackup every two to three days.

The solution is monitoring 6,000 services.

35 percent of the technical support use the solution.

The support is good when I contact them directly. Opening a ticket on the website of Centreon can be difficult for my colleague, but not for me because my English is good. However, my colleague doesn't speak English well, as our company is in Quebec and our first language is French. We do have someone there, who helps us with French when needed.

The support checks the command line of our Linux system, which is good.

You can go to their website to investigate problems. This provides us flexibility.

At my last company, I used Nagios XI.

We brought on Centreon because we didn't have a monitoring solution.

The initial setup is very easy. On the website, if you want to create an account, you go to the website for the cloud. There, you have the possibility to run a test of the system, before you want to implement it.

The implementation process was the same as the last system that I used. This made it easier to use.

My company implemented the system. Then, we implemented a hub with the services, and this took five to six months. It takes time to implement all the services of a company because of all the firewalls.

Only six to 12 people can currently configure Centreon.

Centreon helps me detect where the problem is quickly. When we resolve a problem quickly, this lowers our overall costs.

I recommend looking at the trial version.

Centreon is better than Nagios XI in regards to cost and support response times, when you have a problem. If you have a problem, it costs money to contact the Nagios XI support.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is very good. I would rate it as a nine (out of 10).

More Centreon reviews from users
...who compared it with Nagios XI
Learn what your peers think about Centreon. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
502,335 professionals have used our research since 2012.