Centrify Endpoint Services [EOL] Review

Has system multi-factor authentication abilities but is lacking connection between on-premise and cloud-based solutions

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Centrify for authentication in a Linux environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to authenticate in a Linux environment because this is what my customers were looking for. They are coming from a Linux environment, so they appreciate the identity and access management for allowing Linux workloads to authenticate securely.

The system multi-factor authentication capability that comes with Centrify is another valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

What can be improved is the integration between the on-premise environment, specifically for Linux environments with the cloud infrastructure, such as Microsoft as it was during my time as a solution architect. My customers were looking to authenticate from the on-premise environment directly to Centrify LDAP and authenticate with the Microsoft Azure Active Direct for workloads that are sitting in Microsoft's cloud platform. The central sites are kind of limited in providing this capability.

I'd like to see enhancement of the integration between the on-premise environment, both Linux and Windows-based workloads from on-premise integration into the cloud environment integration. The cloud environment needs improvement, specifically the Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Google cloud platform environments.

If this platform can provide the capability to act as an integration, or API, between an on-premise and cloud-based identity and access management solution, then I see this as a complete solution for identity and access management and solutions.

I've been using this solution for about six months.

The solution itself overall is very stable and user-friendly. It's good for enterprise businesses with a lot of workloads as well.

It's good for enterprise companies because of the stability of the solution itself. Enterprise businesses can have complex environments such as Linux, and Windows environments and they may be looking for more modern authentication. Centrify has the capability to provide modern authentication and protect workloads in multi-environments. The only feature that is lacking on Centrify is the ability to integrate with public cloud platforms or public identity access management solutions such as Azure Active Direct for authenticating cloud-based workloads.

The solution is quite scalable, meaning you can accommodate smaller businesses to enterprise businesses. Scaling is not an issue on the application itself or the solution itself. You can scale up on demand.

Technical support has been good in terms of answering the required quick question in order to address the solution overall. The technical support is very good.

Previously, in my day to day engagement with different customers on identity and access management project, I was using the Microsoft provided AD Assess on premise. But now with AD Assess, the drawback is that you need to spin up a lot of instances, meaning you need to have more servers and it does come with additional cost. To switch to a solution like Centrify gave us an easy to use and easy to spin up solution that does not require a lot of instances to function. Also, I was looking to integrate my existing Linux environment, specifically the LDAP environment on a remote data center into another environment, a cloud-based environment, which is the Microsoft Azure Active Directory. I think it's in Access Management Solutions.

The setup is quite straightforward. It's easy to set up and get up and running quickly. There was no issue there.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the platform since it is easy to implement and spin up in minutes and get it up and running. Also, you don't need to spend more money investing in hardware, compared to other solutions. This is because you don't need any additional services or more instances for the solution or the platform to run. I hope they will improve it moving forward in terms of the integration and adoption, in terms of the cloud infrastructure.

I would rate this product as seven out of ten because of the limitation of not being able to fully integrate with cloud-based environments such as it is.