Centrify Privileged Access Service Review

Has good privileged account management, multifactor authentication and auditing features

What is our primary use case?

One of our customers uses this solution in conjuction with Idaptive. They use it on-premises and in the cloud for Privileged Access Management, Identity Management and especially for the powerful audit functionalities.

How has it helped my organization?

There is more control over shared administrative accounts. Accountability is a big part of compliance requirements and the attestation reports are very useful when preparing for external audits.

What is most valuable?

Being able to access servers, web applications, network devices, etc. securely from anywhere, with MFA. Workflows can be added for extra security. There are powerful auditing & reporting features available, and Privileged Account Management is made easy. And they have excellent support.

What needs improvement?

The product does provide alerting, but it might be useful if the process of setting up the alerts can be simplified.

However, they provide a feedback platform where users can request new features for future releases. We have requested a feature update and it will be included at some point.

We have been using Centrify Zero Trust Privilege for two years now.

It's a very stable solution. You have to ensure High Availability through multiple connectors.

During the initial setup, you have to do a lot of planning because it's your security product. But you can scale up to thousands of servers; thousands of users. This solution is ideal for small, medium and large businesses. And it is scalable. You can start with a few users, and the benefit is huge. This product is for companies of all sizes.

The technical support is excellent.

The initial setup is a bit complex, but once the infrastructure is there and all the components have been installed, it's easy and straightforward to maintain. All the components have logging capabilities so it's easy to identify issues. The duration of the deployment depends on the customer, since downtime might be required for reboots. Some firewall changes are required.

Inhouse implementation, with Centrify support to assist

N/A

Setup takes a while but - as with any new installation - planning is very important. After the initial setup has been completed, it is easy to scale out

Cost might be a deciding factor. However, it integrates with a multitude of other vendors and all of the capabilities have to be taken into account. It provides more than just Privileged Access Management.

CyberArk. However, since the products have different features, it depends on the use case. In our case, Centrify gave the customer more benefits, since they already had other solutions in place as well.

What other advice do I have?

Planning is very important. However, if you encounter any issues, support is excellent and always assist in a timely fashion.