Centrify Privileged Access Service Review

Straightforward to set up and easy to deploy but it needs support for software-defined infrastructure

What is our primary use case?

This solution manages privileged access for all of our privileged accounts.

What is most valuable?

This is a cloud-based application, which makes it very easy to deploy.

What needs improvement?

This solution needs better integration with third-party solutions because their ability to support other tools is very weak. Other companies have invested very heavily in third-party tools and Centrify does support them well.

In the future, I would like to see support for containerization, CICD pipelines, and software-defined infrastructure. This is going to be critical and it is where this solution lags behind the competitors.

I have been using Centrify for the past four and a half years.

We have had no issues in terms of stability.

Being a SaaS platform, it is easy to scale.

The technical support is quite good. When I was implementing this solution, they were able to assist me and did a good job.

Setting up the product is quite straightforward. However, migrating services and applications to it are always complicated because of the problems that you have with the applications.

The price model is based on the number of devices and opposed to the number of users, and it is not very flexible. This means that if an organization is growing from an infrastructure perspective then the cost can escalate.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this solution depends on the environment because every organization is different. If somebody is looking for a straightforward PAM that is easy to deploy then I would recommend Centrify. If on the other hand, they have a more advanced or more complex environment with a software-defined infrastructure then I would suggest they use another solution.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.