Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review

It has transformed how we operate by saving us time, paper, accuracy, money, and the employee/supervisor experience

What is our primary use case?

We were looking to automate our timekeeping, payroll, benefits, HR, and recruiting needs. We explored several vendors and decided Dayforce HCM was the best solution for our organization. We liked the feedback that we were receiving from other Dayforce users. We were intrigued by the enhancements that they were working on as we were an organization consumed by paper for every task. When you have so much paper, you need to organize and store it.  Getting on a cloud-base single platform seemed to be the best solution for us.

How has it helped my organization?

Once using Dayforce, our employees began to clock in using electronic time clocks. They no longer use paper to request time away. The supervisor authorizes the time away and makes any necessary pay adjustments on the electronic time sheet. Our employees can then view their time card and wages earned in real time.

We no longer keep Excel spreadsheets to track training. We track the training in the employee's record. Our old procedure called for the supervisor to mark on a training form the employee's name, ID number, date, department, etc., then check which operation the employee is trained on. This paper was then delivered to HR where it would be given to a clerk for input in an Excel spreadsheet. Now, the supervisor tracks the training in Dayforce.

We like being able to hire from the Dayforce recruiting module straight into Dayforce and having the file feeds go to our benefits vendor. Also, we like having our employees self-serve on tax forms, direct deposit, address changes, phone number changes, emergency contact, etc.  PPACA tracking is a breeze with Dayforce.

Dayforce has transformed how we operate by saving us time, paper, accuracy, money, and the employee/supervisor experience.

What is most valuable?

There are so many valuable features it is hard to single out a few. However, the electronic timekeeping has had one of the biggest impacts as so many were positively impacted by this implementation compared to how this task was handled prior to Dayforce.

Employees like being able to see what entitlements/balances that they have for their time away. They also like seeing their daily earnings. If they have any question about their time sheet and/or pay prior to a pay run, they can ask as they see what is being turned in.

From an employer perspective, I like the employees seeing their "Total Compensation" year-to-date. Prior to Dayforce, our employees had no clue how much their total compensation was.

What needs improvement?

I would like to continue to see improvements in the Recruiting module. I would like to see this module interact with Calendars, such as Outlook, etc.

I would also like to see some improvement in standard reports. A standard report should be available to pull the required information for Affirmative Action Plans. I do not think I should have to build or create one.

Previously, we used a web-based solution which only HR and payroll employees had access to for HR/payroll use. We also used a recruiting program.

Negotiate for everything you want.

We looked at ADP, Kronos, and Paylocity,

What other advice do I have?

Ceridian continually enhances Dayforce HCM. Some of these enhancements they charge for and some are just straight enhancements with no extra charge.