Changepoint Daptiv Review

Outdated UI, charges extra for technical support, and has a lot of useless features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for tracking our projects. That includes tracking our projects holistically, and tracking time, general financials, and status reporting.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is probably just the project repository. It's a great place to keep our projects.

The timekeeping features are great and very helpful.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs a lot of work. If find that the UX/UI in general is pretty clunky. It could be much better.

I find the solution has an excessive amount of features. Many aren't even kept current. Some aren't useful at all. There's an overall lack of coherence within the solution. It can make the execution difficult. Many features can easily be eliminated and it would help streamline the solution. They should get rid of 80% of the features and then really focus on the leftover 20% to make it a really great product.

We have been using the solution since maybe the beginning of 2019. It's been almost two years or so.

The solution is pretty stable. I'd rate it four out of five. It's quite good. I can't recall any issues. I don't remember dealing with any glitches or bugs, and I can't recall it ever crashing on us.

You are able to scale the solution if you need to. I'd say it's pretty good in that regard.

We have about 190 users on the solution right now in our IT segment. It's mostly people doing timekeeping. We also have project managers and portfolio managers on the solution as well.

I've dealt with technical support in the past and so far I have to say I've always had a good experience. I'd rate them four out of five.

That said, new users need to be aware that they do tend to charge for their services once you ask for anything behind just a ticket.

I can't really speak to the initial setup. I don't know if it's complex or straightforward. I was hired as the company was finishing the implementation, so I missed the initial setup and full deployment.

Since it's a cloud solution, an SaaS, they tend to let us know when downtime will happen for maintenance. The solution handles the maintenance on their end.

The licensing is pretty complex. Each kind of user is a different price. It's approximately $300 per year. They charge additional fees for technical support and other additional services.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the product.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using. It's on the cloud, so it is probably the latest version of the solution.

I probably wouldn't advise someone else to go with Daptiv. I'd probably tell a company to go with a timekeeping app, or, if they're trying to do project tracking, there's probably a different SaaS project tracking app or solution that would be better.

Overall, I'd rate the solution four out of ten. There are other solutions that may be more suitable. This solution lacks a lot of UI and is overstuffed with too many features that daren't useful.

More Changepoint Daptiv reviews from users