Changepoint Daptiv Review
Do not be afraid to migrate to cloud solutions

What is our primary use case?

Ferromex in Mexico used Dapytiv as their project management platform, they administrate IT projects and construction projects as well

How has it helped my organization?

I started using Daptiv PPM at SAP R/3, 22 modules implementation, with an over 80 functional team members, in different geographic locations. Definitely gave us the opportunity to centralize all schedules per module, and assemble work teams for each subproject, binding them with co-dependent tasks in other modules. This type of tool allowed us to finish the backoffice stage just a week behind the original baseline, a real record for SAP R/3 implementation.

What is most valuable?

Definitely the powerful collaboration, the fact that you can adjust flexibility to almost any methodology, and the easy creation of complete new functionalities without programming code.

What needs improvement?

Other expenses management and simulation scenarios, budget control could be a great and useful feature to include

Three to five years.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Very good customer service.

Very good technical support.

We previously used Microsoft Project Server and IBM Rational.

The initial setup was very easy, its a very intuitive tool.

A local dealer and they have very good experience and tool knowledge, made implementation easy for us.

Depends on the size of the portfolio projects, but must be less than 3 months.

The best part of Daptiv PPM implementation is that Professional Services are paid only once in Setup phase, it depends on the complexity (a very basic model $6,000 USD), but if methodology is very complex, takes about 9 implementation weeks for about $18,000 USD, and subsequently yearly licensing is less expensive than the stand-alone version of the most popular project software on the market.

Microsoft Project Server and IBM Rational.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is: Do not be afraid to migrate to cloud solutions... Information is often safer at the cloud than our own infrastructure. When you begin Daptiv PPM implementation, make sure that the consultant understands perfectly your requirements and the reports you need, in order to get a better implementation service rate and guarantee that the company methodology will be embedded in your environment.