Changepoint Daptiv Review

Start small and build -- give the users time to fully adopt the features

What is most valuable?

<ul> <li>Portfolio View (built from a top down perspective to support senior management reporting)</li> <li>Excellent reporting</li> <li>Resource Allocation/Capacity Planning function</li> </ul>

How has it helped my organization?

I implemented for a large client of mine and saw them quickly get up and running and leverage Daptiv to help them manage their IT demand from their internal customers. But putting in Daptiv's PPM tool they were able to in a very short period of time:
  1. Show all projects (demand) in their portfolio -- in-progress and backlog -- by organizational unit
  2. Show how many hours they were spending by project vs. "keep the lights on" efforts and
  3. Provide better estimates of when new projects potentially could be started by measuring resource allocation and capacity

What needs improvement?

Would always like to see improvement in the Resource Allocation and Capacity Planning features -- these are the areas that can / will give the greatest ROI so improvement would always be welcomed. Easier to work with, more "what if" capabilities (looking at not just in-progress projects but adding in backlog projects) and even stronger reporting would be welcome. This same feedback applies to all of the PPM tools in the SaaS based leadership Magic Quadrant.

Approximately 2 years

Nothing major -- just normal learning curve issues

None

Not to date

Limited unless you purchase additional support hours.

Yes, switched for greater features/functionality.

I found it to be relatively easy to configure and roll-out.

Did most internally but did use some additional hours by an implementation partner (who was excellent).

Yes -- AtTask, Innotas, Instantis

What other advice do I have?

Like any other software package -- phase your implementation. Start small and build -- give the users time to fully adopt the features -- but have a set schedule (implement quickly with features rolled out every 60 days). Don't assume that the users can pick it up on their own -- train the users -- success depends not on them just knowing how to do something in the PPM -- you also might need to provide good project management training too.