Changepoint Review

It is the single point of truth for both our project managers and our senior leadership.​

What is most valuable?

Changepoint is the application my firm uses for professional services time keeping, revenue account and projection, non-working time accounting and project management. Why? All employees record their time in this application, Changepoint allows us to accurately record and analyse all billable and non-billable time, determine resource demand for projects, analyse utilization factors and report on sales pipeline and revenue generation.

Consequently, it is the single point of truth for both our project managers and our senior leadership.

How has it helped my organization?

Over the past 3 years, we have enforced accurate and complete data entry at all levels. As a result, we are now able to report on ‘actual’ results through the entire business and project life-cycle and are now analyzing ‘predictive’ information to provide more accurate and complete information about future demand and revenue projections.

What needs improvement?

Accessing some functions is a bit obscure and requires some knowledge of how the product works, but the upgrade from v2012 to 2014 improved that situation and I expect the upcoming upgrade to 2017 to further streamline operations.
Did you encounter any issues with stability? None that I have encountered, though our implementation is ‘hosted’ rather than in-house.

3 years.

Not to this time. We have some very large projects (2000+ lines) that are running without issues.

Excellent. The online documentation is very complete and useful, particularly for functions that are not often used. The technical support personnel who provide us with error-correction and administrative requirements are knowledgeable and responsive. It is always a pleasure to deal with them.

Changepoint was in place when I arrived, though I have taken over System Administration and now perform all of these functions. It appears that the initial setup was probably pretty complex and I have altered some of the base settings as we have evolved the use of the product and the organization.

I am only marginally familiar with pricing and licensing as this product was already in place when I arrived.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend it as a one-stop-shop for professional services.