What is most valuable?
- Chatter Groups: Helps us create groups for our teams to work on a specific project. Sales teams in our organization get together to get the deal closed faster.
- Publisher Actions/Actions: Using this functionality, we have defined a custom page to create a case corresponding to a user request. We also use Chatter actions to create new opportunities while having a discussion with a customer in a group.
How has it helped my organization?
- Questions and Answers: Helps us to maintain a knowledge base for our sales team.
- Topics: Helps us to align records to a particular theme to which they belong.
- Ideas: The sales team can post their ideas and help other departments to get it delivered if they pass thru a certain threshold.
- Follow: Follow people who have influence in your organization.
- File Sharing: Share files with multiple people/groups
What needs improvement?
Chatter invites should be possible from the UI on opportunity records. You can then invite important stakeholders to keep an eye on a deal. Currently, this is only available by the API.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have been using Chatter for four years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
There have been no stability issues.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
There have been no scalability issues.
How are customer service and technical support?
Technical support gets a rating of 4/5.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We bought Chatter with Salesforce CRM. Before this, the sales team was using Excel, so the communication channel was Jabber.
How was the initial setup?
The setup was easy. You need a certified Salesforce developer/administrator to make it go live smoothly.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Make sure you bargain before you purchase the license. Salesforce always has the best deals based on your organization's size.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
What other advice do I have?
Do note that this is a collaboration tool, not a chat tool. Go through all the features. It offers more than what you are looking for. For example, file sharing and "mentions".
Find out what your peers are saying about Salesforce, Microsoft, Slack and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: June 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.