Check Point Antivirus Review

Easy to scale, heuristic scanning protects against previously unknown threats, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our computers and remove all malicious software or code designed to damage our computers or data that belongs to our clients. We are notified of these actions.

It is very important to protect all endpoints in our networks because these devices are entry points and every time, it is more difficult for our users to detect what object is malware and what object is legitimate software.

Malware is evolving so rapidly that some estimate a new malware instance is created nearly every second.

How has it helped my organization?

We decided to implement Check Point Antivirus because they are an avant-garde company and they design the latest technology. In this case, their solution implements:

• Signature-based detection identifies malware by comparing code in a program to the code of known virus types that have already been encountered, analyzed, and recorded in a database.
  • Heuristic detection scans for suspicious characteristics that can be found in unknown, new viruses and modified versions of known viruses.
  • Rootkit detection scans and blocks malicious code designed to gain administrative access to a machine.
  • Real-time detection scans and monitors files as they are accessed.

What is most valuable?

For us, the most valuable feature of Check Point Antivirus is the real-time detection scan that monitors files as they are accessed. It is important because we can react quickly.

Today, malicious coders and hackers are experts at evasive tactics that shield their activities. Therefore, in today’s cybersecurity landscape, antivirus is just one of the many tools in an organization’s cybersecurity arsenal to keep the business safe.

The antivirus solution should be implemented as part of the organization’s endpoint security solution that combines global threat intelligence and advanced threat prevention engines that address zero-day and other next-generation threats.

What needs improvement?

It is very difficult to get ahead of what's coming in terms of new threats, however, I think that Check Point Antivirus must improve against zero-day attacks.

Today, next-gen approaches extend signature-based detection with behavioral detection, machine learning, sandboxing, and other techniques that are optimized to address threats such as malicious URLs, browser hijackers, advanced persistent threats, and phishing exploits. However, zero-day attacks keep happening quite frequently.

We have been using Check Point Antivirus for 11 months.

In 11 months, we haven't had any problems. Our system is very stable and works fine.

This solution is easily scalable.

We deployed this solution once, and we have only needed to add new devices/servers/endpoints to our infrastructure to expand it.

Check Point Service Support is very good. Normally, they contact you shortly after you open the ticket, and in all cases, they have given us a good solution.

We use only this solution as a centralized solution. At other times, we used free software products.

Before the initial setup, we used a training pack. For this, we can set up the entire system in a short time and we only use a small number of support hours.

We implemented it through the best vendor team in Spain. They are 100% recommendable.

My team and I evaluated other products and vendors based on price, experience, technology, ease of configuration, integration time, licensing, etc. Finally, we opted for this Check Point solution.

Private Cloud

Other
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Antivirus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.