Check Point CloudGuard Posture Management Review

Provides us with good infrastructure visibility and facilitates compliance

What is our primary use case?

We currently have hybrid cloud environments, so different cloud platforms are being used by the business for different use cases and systems are being deployed at a very fast pace. It's very challenging to enforce security and have eyes on everything that exists in the cloud unless you have centralized tools helping you accomplish this goal.

Today Dome9 is helping us analyze what we have out there and what our priorities should be from a remediation perspective. We do have multiple accounts today with the different cloud providers, so it's imperative to use a tool like Dome9.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to expand our visibility and security enforcement into all of our cloud environments by leveraging Dome9. The features allow us to constantly scan and take action on any configurations implemented, that aren't meeting compliance regulatory requirements.

This tool has also allowed us to keep an inventory of assets and an overall picture of what infrastructure exists today on the different cloud platforms we own. It helps to avoid unnecessary misconfigurations due to the lack of knowledge on what has been deployed.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the CloudBots for auto-remediation of security findings. It is helpful because my team handles so many security tools that it would be almost impossible with the current staff we have to support the on-premise network and have enough time to go in and maintain the desired/required security postured on the different cloud environments we own today.

One of the main reasons why we started looking into a centralized tool is so that could help us bridge that gap, and Dome9 so far has been very helpful from that perspective.

What needs improvement?

The tool has a lot of potential, but today, it lacks a lot of Scripts/Bots for Azure. This is one of the main cloud providers, so it's imperative to make this a priority in order to bring a lot of value to this tool.

The idea is to leverage Dome9 as the main central place for auto-remediation of all cloud environments so that customers don't have to spend a lot of time manually remediating. Manual remediation is very challenging once you have so many cloud accounts to support on a regular basis, and Dome9 can help do part of the job.

I have been using Dome9 for about one year.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing Dome9.

More Check Point CloudGuard Posture Management reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point CloudGuard Posture Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.