Check Point CloudGuard Review

Good threat protection; hackers can't steal information

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for security, Elastic Cloud, and Azure Cloud Services.

How has it helped my organization?

The main benefit is to the user. Hackers can't steal their information.

What is most valuable?

Elasticsearch and sandboxing are the most valuable features. Check Point is very good for threat protection, which is our customers' primary concern. Everyday, our customers are asking about new threats.

What needs improvement?

The QoS on the Elastic Cloud could use improvement.

Stability is very good. It has good uptime, which I find acceptable.

The scalability is so-so. The Elasticsearch application is not very transparent.

We have used technical support, but their response time is very slow. It needs to be improved.

We switched to Check Point because of the easier deployment on the cloud. It's very strong.

The initial setup was complex. We do the installation in a lab environment before installing it in the customer's environment.

I integrated it myself. The implementation is not easy because of communication between the environment and the environment as a cluster. It is a single gateway.

Having information stolen by a hacker would be more expensive than purchasing a license.

We also looked at Fortinet.

Check Point is a very strong competitor versus Palo Alto.

What other advice do I have?

Try out Check Point. It is a good solution. I would rate it an eight out of ten.