Check Point CloudGuard Review

Automated rule cleanups and automated policy installs have improved my customers' organizations

What is our primary use case?

We do security automation for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

The automated rule cleanups and automated policy installs have improved my customers' organizations.

What is most valuable?

The API is its most valuable feature. On the API side, relative to the rest of the market, Check Point is decades ahead of its competitors. The APIs on some of their competitors are so archaic, they are not even usable.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them do some work on the database back-end and how it is supported, in terms of performance, cleanup, and scalability. In particular, I would love it if they would do some work on the Postgres definition on the back-end.

I have learned enough to make the product stable. However, the stability has some challenges.

It is scalable. It can be very scalable in certain scenarios, but you have to make sure it is architected correctly.

Their technical support is very good, but I am fairly technical. I don't have to use them a lot. The product has been pretty good that way.

The initial setup was complex, but we were building something new for the API hosts.

I implemented it myself, and I did a great job!

I was the decision process. I wrote the code for it. I only work with Check Point.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten. It is the best on the market right now. It is not perfect by any means, and it has its challenges, but every product does.

I would advise someone considering this solution to stop wasting your time and get it deployed.