Check Point CloudGuard Review

Intercepts phishing emails and emails laden with malware, viruses, and false links

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for email protection.

How has it helped my organization?

My company is a singular key player in a major industry in my country so we are a target at all times for phishing campaigns. We have had bad experiences in the past. Based on those experiences, we have been using Check Point for a couple of months, and in the reporting, we are seeing very good results.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be its ability to intercept phishing emails and emails laden with malware, viruses, false links, etc.

What needs improvement?

I have a keen interest in being able to consolidate and being able to have one viewpoint. I want to be able to integrate directly into our centralized login. I would love to see the ability to integrate into our SIEM solution which is on-premise.

Less than one year.

Stability has been a pain point. I was going back and forth with my product engineer and project manager for a couple of months. I had the product in a demonstration mode and wasn't satisfied with the results initially. After a few alterations and a few revisions later, it is fine.

It seems quite scalable. We don't anticipate any scaling issues. We have it deployed in the cloud.

Their technical support was very responsive. I was not initially satisfied with the length of time it took to get this solution.

I've been a Check Point customer for about 17 years, and I am not accustomed to not getting immediate fixes when I contact support. This was different. However, I am glad it eventually worked out.

A colleague recommend the Check Point solution after we had such significant disruptions with the phishing email campaign. So, we tried it out.

The initial setup was was straightforward. It was unknown territory for me, but the instructions from Check Point were very clear and straight to the point.

I worked directly with Check Point for the deployment. We had a good experience with them.

Being able to keep the phishing campaigns out of my company has been ROI for me.

Do a full feature evaluation (interactive) with a support person. That is what I did.

We also considered Fortinet and Proofpoint. We always look at things like stability, feature set, the position in the market, maturity of the product, cost (because we have a budget that we have to work with), and the availability of technical support. This is why we went with Check Point.

I was part of the decision-making process to implement the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I have been quite pleased with the solution. You have nothing to lose by trying out Check Point.

I would rate it an eight out of ten with room for improvement.