Check Point DDoS Protector Review

Has improved our internet security and external security and we have fewer security incidents

What is our primary use case?

It's a typical solution within our closed environments. It's a security solution.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our internet security and external security. Check Point is a good product. It improved a lot of security rules. We have fewer security incidents.

Currently, we have fewer incidents with viruses. We improved our operations and security using this solution. Our company's better after using Check Point.

What is most valuable?

The firewall and antivirus features are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Check Point should develop a DDoS solution because they don't have one and we need to use another solution, in our case, Imperva. This is a problem because we need to have two firewalls. We would like to only have one solution because it would improve the management, we would have fewer incidents, and we wouldn't need to talk to more than one person for support.

The stability is very good. We don't have any downtime.

Scalability is good. We bought a hardware with more dimension than we need. I think that it is very easy to improve or to resize if we need. We have around 230 users.

Their technical support is very good. We only needed to contact support maybe twice. They respond within less than 24. We have premium support so it can be as fast as four hours.

The initial setup was difficult. But we contracted a Check Point partner. They helped us with the deployment. It was a big internal change which was difficult. The deployment took three months. It was a lot of information. We needed a lot of time to acquire this information and to know very clearly what we needed to do for the deployment. We did this work before the deployment, so it was a lot of months, maybe five or six months to acquire all this information.

We implemented through professional services.

It's an expensive solution. It's one of the most expensive solutions in the world. It's cheaper than Palo Alto and Cisco but these are expensive solutions. Fortinet is cheaper.

• Cisco
  • Palo Alto
  • Fortinet

We chose Check Point because because we know the brand, we know they are a good product. We checked price, features, and their support and based on these criteria, we made our choice.

What other advice do I have?

Their support is very good. We don't have a lot of down time. Professional services are very knowledgable when it comes to the hardware. The management and using of your console is very easy also. Palo Alto is more difficult to use.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten because it's good but it's not perfect.