Check Point Endpoint Remote Access VPN Review

Multi-factor authentication helps to securely provide access to company resources while working offsite

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to allow our employees to connect to the firewall on-premises, then they can access our office resources. This includes their respective computer, the intranet, shared files, and local applications, even if they are outside of the organization's network.

Our production will be locked down if my VPN stops working, leaving the company unable to work. As such, this is a crucial service for us and resources need to be available for each of our users when working remotely.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to using Check Point Endpoint Remote Access VPN, our previous solution required installing certificates on every user's machine, which was a very difficult task.

Our old solution did not offer two-factor authentication, which we now have implemented. This helps secure against ongoing cyber theft and threats.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the seamless access. Using this, we control access to our on-premises resources, and our users who are working from outside are easily able to access their office area computers, file servers, and intranet applications.

This product allows us to provide WAN access for our users, whereas prior to this, we could not make the whole intranet available.

Multifactor authentication is very helpful for us.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see support for a layer seven VPN over UDP.-- currently some VPN solution are working on Layer 7 Platform.

The updates under Windows 10 are not always up to date, and we have trouble upgrading remote clients. We have also had trouble deploying new clients.-- The Check Point Remote VPN new client is giving trouble us during upgradation with older version of Windows 10

We have been using the Check Point Endpoint Remote Access VPN for the past four years.

We have had no problems with stability and it is working smoothly.

Scalability is good. We have more than 500 users who are working on it.

The technical support is good.

Earlier, we had a traditional VPN, which did not help in running our business seamlessly.

The initial setup is straightforward.

A vendor team assisted us with implementation and deployment.

Its complete ROI, as expected.

This is a very good solution for our employees who work outside of our organization.

R80.40
Find out what your peers are saying about Check Point, Microsoft, Dell EMC and others in Remote Access. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.