Check Point Endpoint Security Review

Guarantees the security and stability of your network

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution as the main firewall for the perimeter of the hospital. We use the firewall itself for URL filtering, application filtering, and identity awareness.

How has it helped my organization?

Before we used this solution, our mail used to have a lot of spam and most of the time our main email account was blacklisted. Now it works well; we are whitelisted by all organizations, including Google. Also, the security of our institution has really improved.

What needs improvement?

They should provide bandwidth regulation so we can monitor and regulate bandwidth.

We've been using Check Point for five or six years.

It's 100% stable. It has never failed me in all the years I've used it.

I do not think I have had any higher scale than now. Initially, we used the R77.3, but I have just upgraded to the Gaia R80 operating system. For the amount of user we need, it usually works well. We have 5,000 users on it and it is still running okay.

Actually, we have already ordered two more boxes. We are waiting for them to arrive in the hospital. They are both from the 15400 series.

The technical support is fine. We've got a good relationship with the company. If there is any problem, they respond very well and fast.

For maintenance, we have a service agreement with the vendor who brought it to our institution.

We had SonicWall, but it was not stable. With the number of users we needed, SonicWall became a bit overwhelmed.

When we started it the initial setup was very complex. I have never been given any training on Check Point. I had to learn on the job.

The deployment did not take long, the guys who came to the place from Check Point did it very fast, it was a fast thing, within a day or two.

Return on investment was the first thing we checked. We are okay in that regard. We are not complaining.

We pay on an annual basis. There are no additional fees, they mostly tell us what we have to pay. We have budgeted for it.

We looked at firewalls from Fortinet and Barracuda. We even brought guys here to test their solutions, but they were no match for Check Point. We are comfortable now with Check Point.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to get Check Point, even without trying it first. Use it, and you will be very, very secure. Check Point guarantees the security and stability of your network.

I would rate this solution as nine out of ten.